Sector Forum Energy Management: Tools in Support of the Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive
|Date:||03 April 2014|
|Location:||Brussels, Belgium, 9:30 - 16:45|
3 April, 2014 - CEN-CENELEC Management Centre, Avenue Marnix 17, 1000 Brussels, BELGIUM
Directive 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency was adopted in October 2012. The Directive establishes a common framework of measures in order to ensure the achievement of the EU’s 2020 energy efficiency target of 20% and paves the way for further energy efficiency improvements beyond that date.
Member States are currently transposing the provisions of the Directive into national legislation. The aim of this seminar organised by CEN and CENELEC is to discuss how European Standards and other tools can support the implementation of the Directive and discuss with Member States, industry, financial institutions and other stakeholders about the challenges faced and the need for further tools in order to support the effective implementation of the Directive.
Following a general overview of the Directive and the guidance notes developed by the Commission, the seminar will continue with presentations from two or three Member States governments regarding the challenges they face to implement the Energy Efficiency Directive, obstacles and identified solutions. There will also be presentations from industry regarding their views on challenges and need for additional tools in order to implement the obligations of the Directive followed by presentations on existing European standards and standardization work in support of the Energy Efficiency Directive.
The seminar will end with a panel discussion regarding additional needs for standards and/or other tools in order to achieve an effective implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive and the EU energy efficiency targets.
10:00-10:10 Welcome and introduction / Mr. Bernard Gindroz, Chairman CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum Energy Management
10:10-10:30 The Energy Efficiency Directive: objectives, main provisions and deadlines for implementation European Commission, DG ENER
10:30-11:30 The public authorities perspective on the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive: major challenges, identified solutions and tools
- Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive in France / Mr. Emmanuel Acchiardi, French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME)
- Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive in Italy / Mr. Emilio Bonacci, Italian Ministry of Economic Development, Department on Energy, DG for Nuclear and Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (tbc)
- Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive in Sweden / Mr. Fredrik von Malmborg, Swedish Ministry of Enterprise, Energy & Communications The Energy Efficiency Directive from the perspective of local authorities Convenant of Mayors
11:30-11:45 Coffee break
11:45- 12:45 The industry perspective on the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive: how to meet the obligations, challenges, need for standards and other tools
- Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive from the perspective of a Italian industry association / Dr. Massimo Di Domenico, Assolombarda
- The Directive from the point of view of a Swedish energy supplier / Mr. Andreas Rydbo, Göteborg Energi
- Industrial insulation: a targeted solution to save energy / Mr. Andreas Gurtler, European Industrial Insulation Foundation
- Implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive from the view of a French transport sector company / Mr. Patrick Janssen, Aéroports de Paris
14:00- 15:00 Standardization as a tool for the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive
- Overview of ENISO 50001 on Energy Management systems / Mr. Inge Pierre, vice-chairman CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum Energy Management
- Overview of European standards and their relation to the provisions of the Energy Efficiency Directive / Mr. Ettore Piantoni, Convenor CEN/CLC JWG 3 “Energy Management and related services- General requirements and qualification procedures”
- Energy Audits: state of progress on European energy audits standards / Mr. Martin Fry, Convenor CEN/CLC JWG 1 “Energy audits”
- Energy efficiency related to buildings / Mr. Jaap Hogeling, Chairman CEN/TC 371 “Energy performance of buildings” (tbc)
15:00-16:30 Panel discussion: Best practices and possible needs in relation to the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive
Discussion with industry, public authorities and other stakeholders on whether existing standards are adequate to support the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive and whether there is a need for new tools, standards, platforms of exchange… Moderator: Inge Pierre, vice-chairman CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum Energy Management
16:30-16:45 Concluding remarks / Mr. Bernard Gindroz, Chairman CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum Energy Management
Registrations: Open. The event is free of charge but registration is required. Register here