Deputy Head of the Security Operations and Monitoring Department
23 August 2022
The Deputy Head of SOM department (SOM DHoD) will be the designated deputy of the head of department for all the tasks related to the department’s management, and acting on his/her behalf on a day-to-day basis in case of need. SOM DHoD will ensure permanent coordination within the department and with the other teams and departments of the Agency to ensure implementation of defined interfaces and KPIs.
The jobholder will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- In the domain of department’s management:
- Ensure internal coordination within the department and with other teams deployed at the centres including implementation of the stand-by organisation and teams;
- Coordinate operational activities between and within the 3 sites of GSMC and GRC;
- Contribute to various administrative processes (Legal & Procurement, Human resource management, Finance, IT and facility management) and corporate management processes (Corporate Quality and Product Assurance);
- Prepare and supervise department’s contributions to tasks related to audits, IT Steering Committee, corporate risk management, product assurance, quality (incl. lessons learnt) and certification processes;
- In the domain of operations and services, prepare and supervise service transition activities performed at the centres, and to support service managers for the validation of new services and definition of future services;
- In the domain of security, deputise for the SOM HoD in the day-to-day supervision of the tasks related to security of the sites and the activities;
- In the domain of engineering, ensure coordination between SOM teams and the other departments responsible, for instance in deployment and L2/L3 maintenance activities;
- In the domain of hosting services, coordinate with other teams to ensure in-time readiness of the buildings and premises;
- In the domain of site management, deputise for HoD as GSMC-FR site manager;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
The jobholder will contribute to Agency’s management and strategic orientations by representing the department in boards and meetings on behalf of HoD in case of need within the EUSPA or on behalf of EUSPA with other stakeholders (e.g. EUSPA Admin board, Security Accreditation panel and board, Space Programme Committees, European External Action Service, European Space Agency).
As designated Deputy of HoD, the jobholder will coordinate on management continuity with HoD to ensure permanence of the operational chain of command.
The jobholder will contribute to the development and implementation of the multi-site Agency approach and culture (incl. HQ, GRC, GSC, GSMC sites).
Frequent missions and possible detachment to GSMC Backup site (Madrid, Spain) or GRC (Noordwijk, the Netherlands), and occasional travel to Brussels (Belgium) and Prague (Czech Republic) and other locations are foreseen for this post.